Today our weekly Greenmarket is hosting a special Halloween Celebration! Come by before 3 p.m. for some extra fun and to enjoy your favorite fall treats. Try a taste of caramel corn and hot cider and snap a photo with a scarecrow! Kids can make some fall art, creating a leaf rubbing from one of NYBG’s many fallen leaves. Be sure to enter the New York Botanical Garden Raffle for a chance to win a bag of fresh produce and local goodies from the NYBG Greenmarket. Celebrate the season and learn about New York’s regional produce!
Our vendors have an abundance of healthy, fresh cauliflower for sale today, so it’s the perfect chance to share a little-known use for cauliflower—as a pizza crust! I kid you not, and speaking of kids, they won’t mind eating their vegetables when served like this. Click through for a quick and simple way to make a cauliflower pizza crust that you can cover with your preferred toppings.
Cauliflower Pizza Dough
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor, process cauliflower until finely chopped.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cook cauliflower for five minutes or until tender. Place cauliflower in a towel, and squeeze out excess water so it is completely dry.
- In a bowl, mix egg and cauliflower until well-combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread cauliflower dough out until it resembles a pizza round. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Top however you want and bake in a 450°F oven for 7 minutes or until cheese and toppings have baked.
Serves 1 pizza round
The market accepts food stamps, EBT, WIC/ FMNP, and Senior coupons, in addition to cash and credit or debit cards. The Hispanic Federation is at the NYBG Greenmarket every Wednesday providing assistance with the enrollment process in the New York State of Health Marketplace for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and Qualified Health Path. Stop by the NYBG Greenmarket for more information.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.